The Cove -Southern Illinois Vacation Rental
Coolest Romantic Getaway for Two
The Cove was inspired by our own whimsical design and the desire that you will feel immersed in the home of a hobbit. With luxurious simplicity to soothe the mind, what could be better than a hobbit styled, cozy earthen shelter in the Shawnee National Forest?
Guests of The Cove have a secret trail through a short stretch of woods to Blue Sky Vineyard.
This video was kindly made by a Cove guest. A creative review!
Luxury Cabin Rental in the Shawnee National Forest
Wrap yourself in plush spa robes and step out onto your private patio just off the exquisite bedroom. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the four person hot tub while surrounded by woods, fields, and prairie.
An arched opening between the living room and bedroom allows you to view the beautiful, fully vented gas fireplace
from your decadently comfortable king size bed
(for an incredible night's sleep).
Nine foot ceilings, arched walls, rich colors, and romantic, dimmable lighting give this unique and spacious one bedroom cottage a luxurious, cozy, romantic ambiance. Sun tunnels cast natural light in the living room, kitchen, and roomy bathroom.
Round windows and wood detailing
along with many more touches
set this cottage apart from all the rest.
Due to Covid-19 some unneccesary amenities will be suspended such as complimentary treats and containers of toiletries. We do advise bringing your own.
- Private covered outdoor hot tub just outside the bedroom
- Egyptian or Turkish cotton thick hooded robes for colder months and lighter plush robes for summer
- Five foot ceramic/glass shower.
- Exquisitely comfortable king size comfort core bed with temperpedic pillows for neck support
- Cozy gas fire place (Usable October 1 - May 10)
- Brick outdoor fire pit
- Charcoal BBQ grill on brick patio (please bring own charcoal and lighter fluid)
- High end towels and linens
- Locally roasted whole bean gourmet coffee from Jen's Joe with a grinder and automatic drip coffee maker.
- Tea kettle and tea
- Fully equipped kitchen with basic spice rack and olive oil
- Refrigerater/freezer, 5 burner gas stove/range, microwave, Crock Pot, waffle maker, toaster, utensils, pots, pans, glasses and dishware
- Of course we have wine glasses and a margarita set!
- BOSE Sound dock speaker system. (Auxiliary input lets you play other audio sources)
- Satellite TV with 40 inch LED television
- Reservations for four days or longer receive a dozen local farm raised eggs and a breakfast treat.
- Blue-Ray DVD Player
- Private deck and patio with outdoor seating
- Romantic lighting with LED candles
- High efficiency air conditioning and heat
- Spectacular views and of course, wooded path to beautiful Blue Sky Vineyard